Machine Shop Supervisor
Program, operate, and maintain CNC turning/milling center in order to machine quality parts in accordance with Baker Thermal Solution standards.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Read engineered drawings and translate the requirements into a turning/milling CNC machines program.
- Selecting appropriate cutting tools and accurately keying in codes and tool number into machine controller.
- Develop or modify programs used for production in order to efficiently achieve production output requirements set by Supervisor.
- Document and track all program logs, new programs developed with set up instructions and corresponding cutting tool and fixturing needed.
- Develop and make various machined parts from drawings and verbal instructions.
- Able to meet close tolerances in turning, milling drilling and keying to within .0005.
- Set up and operate various types of manual drills, horizontal/vertical milling and lathe equipment.
- Perform necessary hand operation such as filing, fitting pressing, pushings, tapping which includes some close fit machine assembly.
- Build and design required fixtures.
- Make/modify tooling to accomplish tasks.
- Perform these and other comparable work-related duties as directed
- Perform quality inspection on previous work and notify QA on discrepancies
- Perform necessary safety inspections on equipment.
- Training of other machinist on new techniques and programs that have been developed.
- Employee is to supply precision measuring instruments as well as any hand tools to perform his/her job.
- Observe and comply with company safety and work rules. Including maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, License/Certification:
- Able to read blueprints
- Use of shop math (geometry and trigonometry) and perform calculations
- Use of precision measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, steel rule, plug gages, etc…)
- Technical training equivalent to 1year technical college or combination of on the job experience.
- Extensive knowledge of cutting tools and their functions
- General knowledge of various types of metals and their properties
- PC literate
- 3 –5 years machinist experience
- 1 year programming experience
- Welding and fabrication skills a plus.
- Ability to work without immediate supervision