The Logistics Specialist will be responsible for properly package all finished products and preparing the required shipping documents for both domestic and international shipments in accordance with the information provided by their supervisor.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing appropriate shipping documents such as packing lists, weight lists, shipping manifests, proforma invoice, Country of Origin certificate, customs invoice, shipping bill, and bill of lading.
- Verify the accuracy of all shipments.
- Fabricate shipping crates as indicated by engineered drawings.
- Operate lift trucks and overhead crane to move material to crates or into trailers at loading dock.
- Manage and coordinate shipping deadlines with supervisor.
- Maintain record of shipping material usage (wood, nails, banding, etc.) to insure proper inventory levels.
- Responsible for keeping and accurate account of $5,000-$10,000 of lumber inventory used in building certified crates / and stamping for European shipping (European wood act)
- Requisition of materials used in shipping area up to ordering.
- Maintain accuracy of crated items located in the off-site warehouse.
- Maintain and operate UPS computer and mail machine.
- Utilize weigh scale to determine shipping weight as necessary.
- Operate heat shrink gun and bander to protect materials during shipping
- Flexibility when notice is given for emergency shipments.
- Practice proper safety procedures when loading trailers, operating lift trucks, overhead cranes, bander, radial saw, nail gun and moving material.
- Maintain good housekeeping or cleanliness in shop.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, License/Certification:
- Ability to stoop and bend frequently.
- Read blueprints and drawings.
- Use of simple math.
- Use cut off saw, tape measure, hammer, nail gun, chain saw.
- Write legibly.
- Lift 50 lbs. regularly
- Licensed forklift operator.
- Export Packing Experience.