Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing appropriate shipping documents such as packing lists, weight lists, shipping manifests.
- Verify the accuracy of all shipments.
- Fabricate shipping crates as indicated by engineered drawings.
- Operate lift trucks and overhead crane to move material to crates or into trailers at loading dock.
- Manage and coordinate shipping deadlines with supervisor.
- Maintain record of shipping material usage (wood, nails, banding, etc.) to insure proper inventory levels.
- Responsible for keeping and accurate account of $5,000-$10,000 of lumber inventory used in building certified crates / and stamping for European shipping (European wood act)
- Requisition of materials used in shipping area up to ordering.
- Maintain accuracy of crated items located in the off-site warehouse.
- Maintain and operate UPS computer and mail machine.
- Utilize weigh scale to determine shipping weight as necessary.
- Operate heat shrink gun and bander to protect materials during shipping
- Flexibility when notice is given for emergency shipments.
- Practice proper safety procedures when loading trailers, operating lift trucks, overhead cranes, bander, radial saw, nail gun and moving material.
- Maintain good housekeeping or cleanliness in shop.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, License/Certification:
- Ability to stoop and bend frequently.
- Read blueprints and drawings.
- Use of simple math.
- Write legibly.
- Use tape measures.
- Lift heavy weights, which may be awkward over 50 lbs.
- Licensed forklift operator.
- Export Packing Experience.